Wednesday, May 20, 2009

FEASTS OF FISH

Fish is an excellent source of Omega 3, and of course provides a useful source of protein. Shellfish also gives a pleasant change.

Fish can seem an expensive addition to our diet when the price per kilo is high. However when buying by the fillet you can be pleasantly surprised how little the cost can be. When looking for ways to live within your budget, whilst still achieving delicious results, I might visit the fishmonger and select a few fillets I want. Alternatively I will buy a whole fish which might be steamed, or baked. Buying whole fish allows you to ensure the fish is very fresh. The fish with clear eyes is the one to select.

Of course the filleted fish needs to be moist and of good colour. I avoid buying fish patties or fish in marinades. Of course the less fresh fish will have been used and the marinade is very easy to make yourself.

Included here are a range of recipes using fish or shell fish that can suit different situations.
Fish kebabs are a good barbeque choice.
Fish parcels and Fish and Zucchini are delicious main courses.
Aigo-sau is a tasty full bodied fish stew our family has enjoyed this dish for many years. This is an excellent meal for a cold winter’s night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home